Journal Papers (Trainees are underlined)
18. Taherkhani A, Mei Q and Han F (2023) "Capacity prediction and design optimization for laterally loaded monopiles in sandy soil using hybrid neural network and sequential quadratic programming method." Computers and Geotechnics, 163, 105745.
16. Talebi-Kalaleh M, and Mei Q (2023) "A mobile sensing framework for bridge modal identification through an inverse problem solution procedure and moving-window time series models." Sensors, 23(11), 5154. (PDF)
15. Zeng J, Mei Q and Gül M (2022) "A computer vision-based method to identify the international roughness index of highway pavements." Journal of Infrastructure Intelligence and Resilience, 1(1), 100004. (PDF)
14. Mei Q, Shirzad‐Ghaleroudkhani N, Gül M, Ghahari F and Taciroglu E (2021) "Bridge mode shape identification using moving vehicles at traffic speeds through non-parametric sparse matrix completion." Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 28(7), e2747. (PDF)
9. Mei Q, Gül M and Shirzad‐Ghaleroudkhani N (2020) "Towards smart cities: crowdsensing-based monitoring of transportation infrastructure using moving vehicles." Journal of Civil Structural Health Monitoring, 10, pp. 653–665. (PDF)
8. Mei Q, Asgar-Deen D, Chainey J and Aalto D (2020) “Detection of suture needle using deep learning.” Journal of Medical Robotics Research, pp.1-9.
7. Shirzad‐Ghaleroudkhani N, Mei Q, and Gül M (2020) "Frequency identification of bridges using smartphones on vehicles with variable features." Journal of Bridge Engineering, 25(7), pp. 04020041. (PDF)
6. Mei Q, Gül M and Boay M (2019) "Indirect health monitoring of bridges using Mel-frequency cepstral coefficients and principal component analysis." Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 119, pp.523-546. (PDF)
1. Mei Q, and Gül M (2014) "Novel sensor clustering–based approach for simultaneous detection of stiffness and mass changes using output-only data." Journal of Structural Engineering, 141(10), pp.04014237. (PDF)
Book Chapters (Trainees are underlined)
1. Shirzad-Ghaleroudkhani N, Mei, Q and Gül M (2022) "A crowdsensing-based platform for transportation infrastructure monitoring and management in smart cities." In The Rise of Smart Cities (pp. 609-624). Butterworth-Heinemann. (PDF)
Conference Papers (Trainees are underlined)
15. Talebi-Kalaleh M and Mei Q (2023) “A novel drive-by system identification approach for bridges utilizing a modal FRF similarity criterion and soft-imputing” 10th International Conference on Experimental Vibration Analysis for Civil Engineering Structures, August 30-September 1, Milan, Italy.
14. Yuan X, Mei Q and Li X (2023) “Augmented reality-based vocational training for the construction workforce: prototype development and experiment design.” Canadian Society for Civil Engineering (CSCE) Annual Conference, May 24-27, Moncton, NB, Canada.
13. Fan C, Mei Q and Li X (2023) “Real-time ergonomic risk assessment approach for construction workers based on computer vision.” Canadian Society for Civil Engineering (CSCE) Annual Conference, May 24-27, Moncton, NB, Canada.
12. Zeng J, Mei Q and Gül M (2023) “Bridge damage detection using passing-by vehicles and CNN-LSTM autoencoder.” Canadian Society for Civil Engineering (CSCE) Annual Conference, May 24-27, Moncton, NB, Canada.
11. Fan C, Mei Q, Yang Q and Li X (2022) “Computer-vision based rapid entire body analysis (REBA) estimation.” Modular and Offsite Construction Summit, July 27-29, Edmonton, AB, Canada.
10. Yang Q, Mei Q, Fan C, Ma M and Li X (2022) “Environment-aware worker trajectory prediction using surveillance camera on modular construction sites.” Modular and Offsite Construction Summit, July 27-29, Edmonton, AB, Canada.
9. Mei Q (2022) “The application of compressed sensing on crowdsensing-based indirect bridge condition monitoring.” Canadian Society for Civil Engineering (CSCE) Annual Conference, May 25-28, Whistler, BC, Canada.
8. Mei Q, and Gül M (2019) “Monitoring a population of bridges in smart cities using smartphones.” Structures Congress 2019, April 24–27, Orlando, FL, United States.
7. Mei Q, and Gül M (2018) “A novel indirect damage assessment method for short and medium span bridges,” 10th International Conference on Short and Medium Span Bridges (SMSB 2018), July 31-August 3, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada.
6. Mei Q, and Gul M (2014) “Damage assessment of a 4-span bridge type structure using time series analysis.” Istanbul Bridge Conference, August 11-13, Istanbul, Turkey.
5. Mei Q, and Gül M (2014) “Experimental study for a time series based method for damage detection using output data only,” 9th International Conference on Short and Medium Span Bridges (SMSB 2014), July 15-18, Calgary, AB, Canada.
4. Mei Q, and Gül M (2014) “Application of a novel time series based method for damage detection, localization and quantification using output only acceleration data.” 7th International Conference on Bridge Maintenance, Safety, and Management (IABMAS 2014), Jul. 7-11, Shanghai, China.
3. Mei Q, and Gül M (2013) “Anomaly detection using a novel time series approach: application to the ASCE benchmark problem.” The 6th International Conference on Structural Health Monitoring of Intelligent Infrastructure (SHMII-6), December 9-11, Hong Kong, China.
2. Mei Q, and Gül M (2013) "Detection, localization and quantification of anomalies in mass, stiffness and damping based on time series modelling using output-only data. " A Roadmap to Intelligent Structures: Proceedings of the Ninth International Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring (IWHSM 2013), Volume 4. DEStech Publications Lancaster, 112-119.
1. Mei Q, and Gül M (2013) "An improved methodology for anomaly detection based on time series modeling." Topics in Dynamics of Civil Structures: Proceedings of 31th International Modal Analysis Conference (IMAC XXXI), Volume 4. Springer New York, 277-281.